Reasons Why Electric Fireplaces Are Perfect For Summer
When one thinks about a fireplace, they are commonly reminiscing about the warm toasty nights during the winter that a burning fireplace offered to a home. Fireplaces are not commonly thought of as something to use in the summer.
Actually, a fireplace can be used in the summer, or any other season as a matter of fact, as long as it’s an electric fireplace.
Heat Or No Heat, It’s Your Choice
You may not be aware of this, but electric fireplaces offer a cozy appearing fire with or without heat. Instead of the heat being generated by the fire, an electric fireplace includes a separate heater that generates the heat. The electric fireplace is somewhat of a mirage. Instead of real flames, it uses dancing lights and shadow to create the illusion of a fire. A light within the logs pulsates to resemble a real wood or gas-burning fireplace.
This means that an electric fireplace can offer all the benefits of a gas or wood-burning fireplace all year – fall, winter, spring, & summer.
Other Benefits Of An Electric Fireplace
An electric fireplace has more advantages than a wood or gas-burning version. Consider this:
- An electric fireplace can be placed directly on a floor or even on a wall.
- Since there is no burning, there is no need for venting. So it can be placed near any wall or even placed outside the home.
- Installation is so easy. Just plug it into an electric outlet.
- There are no pollutants or dirty debris one would expect from a fireplace. No fumes, no carbon monoxide, no pollutants at all.
- When the heater of an electric fireplace is on, the heat it generates stays inside the home. None of it escapes through an open chimney.
- An electric fireplace is eco-friendly.
- An electric fireplace is affordable because it can or cannot generate heat. Operating an electric fireplace without the heater costs one cent to three cents per hour. When the heater is used 50 percent of the time, costs of operation are as low as .09 cents per hour.
Customize Your Electric Fireplace To Your Home
You can customize an electric fireplace to match the décor of your home. There is an assortment of finishes and styles to choose from.
Where To Get Your Electric Fireplace
Chimney Specialists, Inc., located in Highland, Wisconsin offers electric fireplaces. The staff is knowledgeable about the benefits of electric fireplaces and can show you how to install one in your home yourself. The staff is available to answer any questions you have. For more information call toll free (800) 395-6660 or (608) 929-4887. Or visit the company’s website.